Upload either a photo or video that showcases why you're proud to be an American farmer. Every week from May 27-July 4, we'll pick an entry to win an exclusive prize pack (worth $75) and be featured on the Pioneer social channels. One grand prize winner will win a Yeti cooler!
Copyright 2019 Pioneer
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont “American Farmer Social Campaign” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont “American Farmer” SWEEPSTAKES (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, May 27 and ends at 12:00 PM ET on Friday, July 5, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). The beginning and ending times of the Contest shall be determined by the computers of Sponsor or its delegates.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the Fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (except Florida and New York), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Florida, New York, and where prohibited. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: (a) persons who on or after Monday, May 27, 2019 were or are a director, officer, or employee of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest; and/or (c) persons who are not eligible to lawfully participate in the Contest.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Official Contest Entry Form, and the decisions of Sponsor, including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter by submitting a photo or video of why you are proud to be the American Farmer, upload your photo or video to https://pioneeramericanfarmer.shortstack.com/gCZdzS during the Entry Period (the “Photo/Video Submission”). A Photo/Video Submission may only be submitted by a single registered user and may not be edited or resubmitted in any form after it has been submitted.
All entries must be received during the Entry Period. For purposes of these Official Rules, receipt of entry occurs when the Photo/Video Submission is uploaded to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (if applicable). Submissions received by Sponsor after the end of the Entry Period will not be considered.
Multiple entries from the same entrant are permitted but each entry must be different and submitted separately, whether such entry is a Photo/Video Submission or non-photo/video entry submitted through the Contest Website. Entries and Photo/Video Submissions become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, stolen, invalid, misdirected, misplaced, damaged, altered, illegible, corrupted, unreadable, or incomplete entries, all of which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5. PHOTO/VIDEO REQUIREMENTS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
a. REQUIREMENTS: All submissions and all components of such submissions must be entrant’s own original creation (an original is the product of one’s own mind and is not a copy or imitation), created solely by entrant. Submissions must be original and may not have been published previously, in whole or in part, or have been submitted to any other contest or won any other award, and must not include photos, film, or other images that are not originally taken or created by entrant and must not infringe upon any rights of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, and rights of publicity or privacy. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation. Entrants must own all intellectual property rights relating to their submissions, including without limitation, all trademark and copyright rights. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any submission that it deems sexually explicit, violent, pornographic, obscene, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate or inconsistent with the positive images and goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to associate. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected and the entrant disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
b. TERMS AND CONDITIONS/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that (i) the submission is the original work of the entrant and has not been published previously, in whole or in part, or been submitted to any other contest or won an award or prize of any kind; (ii) the entrant has obtained all the rights, licenses, and permissions in writing from each person (including parent/legal guardian) whose likeness appears on the submission and will provide copies to Sponsor upon request; and (iii) the submission does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights. Entries that are deemed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules, or to be otherwise infringing, defamatory, or generally not in keeping with the image of Sponsor, will be rejected, void, deleted and/or disqualified. Each entry and related submissions, including without limitation, all contents, concepts and ideas embodied therein, become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and will not be returned by Sponsor. Each entrant hereby assigns to Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all right, title and interest in and to the entry and submissions, including, without limitation, all intellectual property and other proprietary rights without expectation of compensation or acknowledgement. Each entrant agrees that Sponsor and its successors and assigns have the perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and fully transferable right (but not obligation) to use, modify, display, reproduce, make derivative works of, and otherwise exploit entrant’s entry and submissions (or any part thereof) for any lawful purpose (including, without limitation, promotional and advertising purposes) in any manner or media whether now or hereafter existing and/or to otherwise use or commercially exploit any entry or submission (or any part thereof) or information or ideas contained within any entry or submission, all without payment, consideration or consent. Sponsor has no obligation to maintain any of the entries or submissions, or any information or ideas contained therein, as confidential or proprietary. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, modify, or abridge any such entry or submissions for any reason prior to use. Entrant hereby irrevocably waives all “moral rights” with respect to the submission and all uses of the submission to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
a. Weekly Prize Winners: In accordance with the schedule below, Sponsor (or Sponsor’s delegate) will randomly select one winner from all eligible entries received that week to be a Weekly Prize Winner. Prizes will be awarded every Friday starting on Friday, June 7, 2019 and the last drawing will be on Friday, July 5, 2019.
- The first weekly prize period begins on Monday, May 27, 2019 (00:00:01, CT) and ends Friday, June 7, 2019 (23:59:59, CT);
- The second weekly prize period begins on Saturday, June 8, 2019 (00:00:01, CT) and ends Friday, June 14, 2019 (23:59:59, CT);
- The third weekly prize period begins on Saturday, June 15, 2019 (00:00:01, CT) and ends Friday, June 21, 2019 (23:59:59, CT);
- The fourth weekly prize period begins on Saturday, June 22, 2019 (00:00:01, CT) and ends Friday, June 28, 2019 (23:59:59, CT);
- The fifth weekly prize period begins on Saturday, June 29, 2019 (00:00:01, CT) and ends Friday, July 5, 2019 (23:59:59, CT);
- The final prize will include all submissions and be awarded Monday, July 8, 2019
7. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one winner per week for five weeks and one grand prize winner at the end of the five weeks, for a total of six winners. Weekly winner will receive 1 American Since 1926 t-shirt, 1 American Since 1926 tumbler, 2 hats and 1 12oz. can cooler - Retail Price: 75.00, and the final grand prize will receive a large Yeti® cooler – Retail Price: $525. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, and expenses associated with prize receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes on any prize. Entrant will supply all necessary tax information, as requested by Sponsor. No prize substitution, transfer, assignment, or cash redemption by winners is allowed. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value.
8. PUBLICITY: By submitting an entry, each entrant grants Sponsor, its successors and assigns, permission to use entrant’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, hometown, and state for promotional purposes. Any uses of the foregoing may be in any manner or media whether now or hereafter existing (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration or consent.
9. RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, and agents from and against all claims, damages, or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) entrant’s participation in the Contest, or Contest-related activities or events, (b) entrant’s entry and submissions, (c) entrant’s representations and agreements in these Official Rules, and (d) entrant’s award, receipt, or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to evaluate pursuant to these Official Rules all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment and award prizes, or not award any prizes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa-Des Moines Division or the Iowa District Court for Polk County, Iowa; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction. Except as required by law, Sponsor shall have no obligation to reveal to any third party, including without limitation to any entrant, the results of, or communications related to, Sponsor’s internal deliberations associated with the Contest.
12. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest at any time, or amend or modify these Official Rules. Should any provision of these Official Rules be held by a court to be unenforceable, such provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Iowa.
14. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: SPONSOR’S LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS CONTEST, SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, EXCEED $50.00. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, undelivered, invalid, unreadable, corrupted, misplaced, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or submissions, or entries or submissions received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware, or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic, or human errors that may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries or submissions; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing, or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
15. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 7100 NW 62nd Ave, Johnston, Iowa Official Rules are posted online at https://pioneeramericanfarmer.shortstack.com/gCZdzS
16. WINNER’S LIST: The winners’ names can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 7100 NW 62nd Ave, Johnston, Iowa. Requests must be received by July 8, 2019.
17. SPONSOR: Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc., 7100 NW 62nd Ave., Johnston, IA 50131.
©2019 PHII. All Rights Reserved